Services available free of charge at The Workforce Connection offices in Rockford, Belvidere and Freeport include:
- computer and internet access
- job search and resume assistance
- the latest local and national job listings
- help with on-line job applications
- career information, including Career Cruising
- access to copy and fax machines, telephone and printer
- information about job training and other educational opportunities
- assistance for veterans and disabled workers
- refugee and immigrant services
Our Resource Room is open to the public Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Illinois Joblink & Illinois workNet
Individuals are encouraged to set up an account on-line with Illinois Joblink, a no-cost internet-based job search tool, and post a resume to match with potential employers. Illinois workNet.com has a wealth of information for individuals needing assistance connecting to jobs and new careers. Many of the services available in our Resource Room are also available on-line.
Monthly Workshops, Job Clubs & Basic Skills Classes
- Monthly workshops and information sessions covering topics such as Career Exploration, Resume/Cover Letter assistance, Interviewing Skills, Personal Development.
- Job Club meetings with potential employers
- Basic skills classes in reading, math, high school equivalency test prep and ESL.
- Introductory computer classes
Financial Assistance available for Job Training
The Workforce Connection provides career counseling, financial assistance and other support services for eligible individuals interested in new job training with an emphasis on training for in-demand jobs in the northern Illinois region, including, but not limited to manufacturing, health care, transportation/logistics, information technology, aviation/aerospace and customer service.