The Workforce Connection partners offer numerous services at its Rockford, Freeport and Belvidere offices for persons seeking new employment or job training information.
Most services are free of charge.
For more information, click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/twcdwpapp
- Open M-F, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Internet Access, Career Information, Resume Software, Computer Program Tutorials
- Career Cruising (find out what career best suits you based on skills and interests)
- Fax and Copier (6 free copies per day)
- Access to and assistance using Illinois JobLink and Illinois workNet
- Monthly activities to improve job seeking skills
- Career counseling and assistance with developing an effective resume
- Employer recruitment activities
Monthly Community Activities
- Monthly calendar offering Employment and Education Informational Sessions featuring Career Exploration, Resume/Cover Letter, Interviewing Skills, Personal Development and Speakers
Basic Skills Class
- Reading and Math improvement classes
- GED preparation
- ESL Classes
- Introductory computer classes for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and more
- Financial Assistance available for Job Training (including Degrees, Certificates, and Occupational Licenses--available for those eligible for WIA programs)
- Examples include: Business AAS, RN, CNC, Aviation Maintenance, CDL, AAS Information Technology, CNA, Welding, and many more.
- Approved programs contingent on funding and other criteria