Website Baker Manufacturing
Job Title: Foundry Team Member
SALARY: $18.75/hr (Deck and Molding) $19.50 (Grinding) (+ $3/hr 2nd shift premium)
SCHEDULE: 1st Shift-5:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday (Some Saturdays)
2nd Shift – 3:30pm-2:00am Monday- Friday
Forms sand molds to fabricate metal castings by performing the following duties. Duties may be performed either individually or in a crew of two individuals and using either automatic, single station or two station cope and drag type of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Must be willing and flexible to work in a variety of foundry positions: Pour/Shift, Mold, Core, Grind, and Clean.
· Molder – Forms sand molds to fabricate metal castings. Duties may be performed either individually or in a crew of two individuals and using either automatic, single station or two station cope and drag type of equipment. [not plastic injection]
· Coremaker – Makes sand cores used in molds to form holes or hollows in metal castings
· Grinder – Grinds and chips work piece to groove, bevel, round or straighten edges or remove excess stock from metals as specified by drawings, job orders, or guidelines or to removed defects, such as shrink cracks and holes
· Pour/Shifter – Operate transfer ladles containing molten metal to pour into prepared sand molds of various sizes and configurations. Place metal weights and jackets on prepared sand molds preparatory to pouring molten metal into the molds.
Practices safe work habits, maintains workplace in good order, and wears all issued personal protective equipment at all times in the workplace.
Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Individual should have ability to wear a respirator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
To apply for this job please visit www.bakermfg.com.