Website firstname.lastname@example.org Berner Food & Beverage
Great opportunity with a growing Company! We are looking for a great person like yourself!
Come be part of changing culture and have an impact!
5000.00 Sign-on Bonus (2500.00 after 90 days; 2500.00 after 180days)
Flexible Rotating Schedule (work 14 days a month)
The Maintenance Automation Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, support, and improvement of the facility’s plant floor control system.
This would include the following; Training the facilities’ maintenance resources and operating technicians during the startup of new or modified control systems and acting as a resource for the maintenance team when technical issues are beyond their understanding and ability to resolve.
This position will also provide innovation and support for continuous improvement projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understand and align with policies, safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Food Safety. Identify and report Food Safety issues to management.
· Support, mentor, and lead efforts for controls system repairs and validate proper function to obtain throughput.
· Obtains and execute work orders and preventive maintenance tickets with little or no guidance.
· Assist in maintaining a library for all device back-ups and updates
· Document changes made to software and hardware (electrical and Process & Instrumentation prints).
· Work in conjunction with the Network administrator to maintain the Facility Controls Network (hardware and software)
· Review (with upper management) key plant metrics/KPIs and equipment data to identify potential areas for continuous improvement
· Work closely with production and maintenance supervisors to provide effective support production throughput the shift
· Ensure equipment in the area is maintained, guarded, and operated in accordance with defined safety regulations and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Proficiency in PLC programming, Set-up and troubleshooting
Proficient with Allen Bradley PLCs, VFD’s, and machine vision (Cognex / Keyence)
Firm understanding of HMI screen development
Configure and program remote I/O devices such as Ethernet IP, Modbus, or similar.
Implement and validate automation changes to the existing control system hardware and software
Ability to read process diagrams, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics
Ability to apply sound engineering solutions while considering budget, schedule, and operational performance troubleshootubleshooting various automation systems, and provide training to operations and other maintenance personnel on automated operations
Sound understanding of control components and wiring up to 480 Volts
Training, Education & Experience
· Technical degree in a related field, AAM graduation, or equivalent experience
· Strong experience with automation software, controls, PLCs
· Strong overall electrical knowledge and experience with control systems.
· Excellent communication skills and effective team-building skills are a must
· Experience in a food processing plant is a plus
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Technical school, course work, or degree, considered a plus
Technicians must provide their own hand tools; large and specialty tools will be provided by the company
· Some mechanical or electrical aptitude, with a desire to increase their knowledge.
· Training for the position will consist of the same training that new hires receive i.e. HACCP, Retort, Safety, and Food Safety.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the retort process by earning a Better Food Processing School Certificate
· Flexibility in working hours to support the needs of the maintenance and operations of Berner Foods
· Must have a valid driver’s license
• Walking on wet and slippery floors
• Standing/Walking for 12 Hours
• 12-hour night shifts (2-2-every other weekend Schedule)
To apply for this job please visit bernerfoodandbeverage.com.