Website Berner Food & Beverage
Excellent Opportunity to grow with expanding company! Great pay and benefits. Come and be part of great culture! We are looking for a great person like you.
Potential to earn 10% or more after 1st year of employment
Internal promotion potential
Lucrative referral program
Attendance incentive bonus
Berner Food and Beverage is growing and looking for top talent to join the team!
The position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair.
· Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with the goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
· Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
· Perform mechanical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
· Inspect, operate, and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
· Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures, Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
· Troubleshoot equipment as well as plant mechanical systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
· Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain complete records of work performed using software, work orders, detailed logs, and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
· Assist with equipment changeovers and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
· Identify required parts, maintain current inventories and parts reorder lists.
· Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
· Participates in Continuous Improvement also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates in team projects.
· Continue to grow maintenance and leadership skillsets through assigned training.
· Food manufacturing experience preferred.
· Must be able to learn basic computer skills to process work orders.
· Strong mechanical background in maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing bearings.
· Strong mechanical background with maintaining, troubleshooting, and installing seals and gaskets.
· Strong plus if trained and experienced in compressed air systems, basic plumbing/piping, Boilers, and Hydraulics.
· Strong mechanical background in a production setting; troubleshooting and repairing gearboxes, sprocket/chains, belts, clutches, bearings, and brakes.
· Knowledgeable in the use of all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
· Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals, and instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Must be able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches, and verbal communication.
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
· Willing to work shift schedules plus overtime as dictated by the needs of the business, including weekends and holidays.
· Practical problem-solving skills and ability to deal with a variety of variables.
· Must grow Maintenance and Leadership skills through assigned training.
· Must be a collaborative team member and demonstrate behaviors consistent with Berner’s expectations.
· Ability to learn and understand the principles of the Berner Maintenance and Manufacturing Transformation, including lean tools, process capability, and operational discipline.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Ability to lift 50-70 lbs. Performs highly repetitive motions, stand for eight-plus hours, talk, and hear.
· Ability to Climb ladders, and stairways, use a manlift/scissor lift at ceiling heights or above with proper safety equipment and work in a non-air conditioned environment.
· While performing job duties, the associate will frequently walk, use hands to feel or handle, and reach with hands and arms. Frequent exposure to oils and greases or coolants.
· While performing job duties, the associate will occasionally sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and smell. Occasional exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The role of maintenance in this business is to ensure the reliability of equipment and improve the
overall equipment effectiveness of all machines. Technicians will work safely and cohesively to
provide mechanical and electrical skills to support the building, manufacturing equipment, and
support equipment as directed by the Maintenance Manager and /or Maintenance Planner /
*Candidate must be able to read and write in the English Language.
Berner Food and Beverage, Inc. is a leading private label supplier of quality food and beverage products, to a majority of the top retail chains across all trade channels. We provide a single source of supply for your needs in several important categories both Store Brand products and Contract Manufacturing. No matter what your concept or product is, at Berner, we give you the ability to make it yours. For over 72 years Berner has built a reputation for excellence in crafting premium products. Although our roots were in producing Swiss cheese when we first began, today, our expanded, state-of-the-art facility produces a complete line of dips, cheese sauces, and the best-selling beverage items on the shelf today. No matter what you are looking for, we are sure to have the packaging option you need to compete with the national brands. Our corporate-wide commitment to the private label industry has earned us the recognition of being the leading U.S. producer of private label Aerosol Cheese, Jar Cheese, retort Salsa Con Queso, and shelf-stable dips, retort Alfredo sauces, retort Iced Latte and Coffee Energy beverages.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.