BMO Harris Bank Center, an ASM Managed Facility
ASM Global, the leader in events and venue management for public assembly facilities, has an excellent and
immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician in Rockford, Illinois. The Maintenance Technician reports to the
Operations Manager and is responsible for conducting general repairs, maintenance, painting and other
miscellaneous tasks at the BMO Harris Bank Center and Coronado Performing Arts Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility’s environmental controls, emergency power, electrical,
HVAC and lighting systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility
• Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, relamping, replacing ceiling tiles, and
• Assist engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair and maintenance of the building.
• Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have
the ability to move quickly from one area to another. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Knowledge of general plumbing, electrical, and HVAC techniques and systems
• Maintenance skills must include the ability, or ability to learn, to drywall, replace and repair hardware, paint,
cut and replace ceiling tile and replace fixtures, minor furniture repair a plus
• Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the construction industry including operation
of tools and equipment according to established safety
• Additional skills directly related to ice maintenance beneficial
• Two years prior experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to understand and follow instructions
• Ability to work safely and efficiently with machinery
Position: Maintenance Technician
Facility Name: BMO Harris Bank Center & Coronado Performing Arts Center
Location: Rockford, IL
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and understand verbal and written instructions
• Ability to work cooperatively, efficiently and effectively with contractors, union crews and building staff
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
• Ability to hear clearly voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and to speak clearly and audibly
• Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written
• Ability to take direction from multiple supervisory and management staff
• Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment common to the construction trade
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and instructions
• Ability to visually inspect and to distinguish colors
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for
long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter – Shanelle Roberson
BMO Harris Bank Center
300 Elm Street
Rockford, IL 61101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 815-489-8233.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with
Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com