Website BMO Harris Bank Center, an ASM Managed Facility
ASM, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Event Coordinator at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for planning & executing activities associated with events for BMO Harris Bank Center, Coronado Performing Arts Center, Davis Park, and Rockford IceHogs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Planning, organizing, and controlling events within the facilities as assigned with a focus on community events and resident companies
• Create, distribute, and update various working documents for all assigned events, including staffing, event work orders, cost estimates, event comparisons, information sheets, etc
• Ensure efficient and effective communication regarding the delivery of services to clients * Lead and coordinate pre-con meetings with clients
* Participate in non-assigned major event meetings such as pre and post cons
* Actively participate in non-assigned major events as needed
* Supervise all staffing for assigned events
* Coordinate with the staffing department to ensure proper placement of necessary team members throughout the facility during events
* Coordinate and participate in proper inspections of the facilities to ensure readiness and compliance with the requirements of the clients prior to hosting the event
* Deliver necessary information to event staff during briefing to ensure appropriate knowledge of concerns affecting the event
* Attend assigned events to be available to resolve any/all issues that may arise involving clients and patrons * Assist with special needs or requests for all font of house arrangements such as house opening, late seating, clearing aisles, etc.
* Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation * Coordinate with all necessary departments to ensure all areas are properly addressed prior to, and post-event
* Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients, patrons, and staff * Maintain professional demeanor and attire at all times
* Provide comments/input to the department during post-event discussions regarding issues that arose during the event Position: Event Coordinator Facility Name: BMO Harris Bank Center & Coronado Performing Arts Center Location: Rockford, IL
• Assist the operations department with any projects or tasks that need to be completed * All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must successfully pass a criminal background check
* Superior communication, organizational, & customer service skills
* Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and can work in a fast-paced environment
* Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed * Able to walk & stand for long periods of time
• Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, plus 2-3 years’ experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in the facility industry
* PC Windows-based Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Must possess a valid Illinois Driver’s license at the time of appointment and throughout employment
• Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Project Management
• Strong negotiating skills
• Requires flexible schedule to cover events
• Maintain high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance. Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint) Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include the ability to operate a keyboard and move around the facility. Must be able to hear and speak to use two-way radio and telephone. Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as required. Note The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
To apply for this job email your details to Sroberson@asmrockford.com