New · ALDI USA · Belvidere
Hiring Now Near You! We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it’s in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
When you join our team as a Cashier you’ll be responsible for efficiently processing customer purchases while providing excellent service to keep our customers coming back again and again. You’ll also help with keeping the store neat and looking its best, returning misplaced items to shelves and keeping the store clean and tidy.
Position Type: Part-Time
Average Hours: Fewer than 30 hours per week
Starting Wage: $15.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Processes customer purchases, perform general cleaning duties and return misplaced items to the shelves
• Provide exceptional customer service, assisting customers with their shopping experience
• Collaborate with team members and communicate clearly to the store management team
• Provide feedback to management on all products, inventory losses, scanning errors, and general issues
• Participate in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines and monitoring inventory for accuracy
• Adheres to cash policies and procedures to minimize losses
• Complies with all other established company policies and procedures
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility
• Other duties as assigned
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
• Effective time management
• Knowledge of products and services of the company
• Meet any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
* 401(k) Plan
* Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
* Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
* Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
* Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
* Voluntary Term Life InsuranceClick here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, , religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aldi.us.