Website Department of Human Services
Posting Identification Number 10-73-35177
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an independent, highly organized, and detail-oriented licensed Registered Nurse for the Mabley Developmental Center located in Dixon, Illinois. This position will be responsible for performing direct nursing care for people with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. The successful candidate shall demonstrate good oral and written communication skills, be a self-starter, and be able to carry out nursing assignments pursuant to the direction of medical personnel.
1. Provides professional nursing care to individuals served on an assigned shift.
2. Provides work-related guidance, instructions and explanations to lower-level nursing staff and other direct support staff in the care of individuals, injury reduction, health and safety, hygiene, treatment, procedures, and the use of equipment.
3. Attends treatment team meetings to update the Interdisciplinary Team on changes in medical status, additional medical needs and completes paperwork to document medical information in accordance with policies and guidelines.
4. Performs quality assurance activities.
5. Attends training to keep abreast of latest nursing techniques and concepts.
6. Serves as Center-wide medical/nursing resource on the assigned shift during the absence of other professional nursing personnel.
7. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires graduation from an approved nursing education program resulting in an associate or diploma degree in nursing or a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
2. Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
3. This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
4. Conditions of Employment
5. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotation basis.
6. Requires the ability to serve on an on-call basis.
7. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
8. Requires ability to acquire and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
9. Requires the ability to utilize office equipment, including personal computers and basic computer skills.
10. Requires the ability to physically restrain individuals as necessary to prevent injury to individual or others.
11. Requires the ability to travel in the performance of job duties.
12. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
13. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com