Job Summary: Provides competent outpatient mental health evaluations, counsel’s individuals, families, and groups regarding biopsychosocial problems and develops and implements a treatment plan.
- Evaluates mental health problems to assist in the focus of outpatient counseling.
- Secures intake and social history information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client’s situation to assure a thorough assessment.
- Develops treatment plans in conjunction with the clients to address goals identified in the mental health evaluations.
- Provides time limited outpatient, clinical case management intervention to individuals, couples, families, and groups and aids client to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve functioning.
- Provides case management interventions to assure linkage to needed community resources to address all biopsychosocial needs. (financial, medical and other public entitlements; locating housing; obtaining medical and dental care; and obtaining other social, education, vocational, and recreational services).
- Assists clients with budgetary tasks and the management of personal finances.
- Develops client group activities and co-facilitates various groups as needed or assigned.
- Provides community support services in the clients’ natural settings 70% of the time.
- Participates in crisis coverage, as scheduled, to provide CCBYS interventions.
- Interprets mental health counseling to client’s family and helps to reduce fear and other attitudes obstructing acceptance of mental health care and continuation of treatment.
- Assures that clients are treated at the least restrictive level of care possible. For example: deflection from inpatient treatment as appropriate and linkage with the appropriate outpatient component(s).
- Provides client-specific advocacy and assistance with problem solving/resolution to assist the client in building community support and family support systems.
- Complies with record completion requirement 100% of the time. Adheres to FCC requirements for supporting operational documentation.
- Behaves in a professional manner in all settings.
- Participates as a member of the inter-disciplinary team.
- Participates in regular group or individual supervision.
- Completes all program related reports, documentation and follow up as required.
- Displays competency for the Outpatient Counselor role as evidenced in the annual performance appraisal following the FHN PRIDE Standards.
- Actively participates in agency Joint Commission and quality improvement activities.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education/ Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university with academic and experience emphasis in the human services field. For any area where there is not sufficient training documented, an individualized training plan will be developed which lists trainings to be obtained and dates to be completed.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Human Services field preferred.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Case Management strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources and government programs
- Demonstrates knowledge of human stages of development
- Demonstrates knowledge of human in environment functioning
- Demonstrates knowledge of solution focus strategies and stages of change.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Power and Control interactions
Chat with us now! Text “Jobs” to 815-600-7056
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com