Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of FHN’s accounting, finance and decision support functions. Effectively uses available resources to address financial issues towards the continued success of the organization. Maintains a system of internal control and ensures the accuracy and availability of accounting records. Builds and supports an effective team to execute the necessary financial operations in support of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education/Experience: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences in Accounting/Finance with Five to eight years of related healthcare finance experience and/or training. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Budgeting and financial planning experience. Current CPA license and Master’s of Business Administration or Healthcare Administration. Fund or not-for-profit accounting experience and/or cost accounting experience.
Chat with us now! Text “Jobs” to 815-600-7056
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com