This will be a shared position with supplemented with shifts on inpatient units and shifts in nursing supervision.
SUMMARY: The delivery system practiced at Freeport Memorial Hospital employs the concepts of team nursing incorporating the workforce standards as set forth by the FHN. Directs and supervises staff to effectively utilize human and material resources within specific units. Manages patient outcomes related to clinical guidelines, education, and quality processes across the continuum. Serves as a link to all disciplines for patient care to assure desired outcomes. Performs administrative duties for the Network.
- Is responsible for forecasting in anticipation of staffing needs and adjusts on a shift by shift (or hr by hr) basis.
- Is responsible for the effective management of staffing resources on a shift by shift basis.
- Invokes chain of command in a timely manner. Ensures all supervisors do the same.
- Exhibits a commitment to exemplary customer service.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing a communication network with all members of the health care team.
- Routinely demonstrates teamwork capabilities through performance (via) team prioritizing, delegating and use of critical thinking.
- Seeks opportunities for improvement in work processes and facilitates methods to change.
- Assesses and evaluates staff’s performance ensuring compliance of policies, procedures and standards, including identified key targets.
- Actively participates in fiduciary processes as they relate to departmental functions/activities.
- Facilitates group dynamics to ensure functional teamwork using conflict management.
- Assigns, directs, delegates staff according to capabilities to meet the needs and priorities of the department.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in providing age specific care to patients in designated areas of practice.
- Serves as expert level resource for complex nursing interventions necessary to meet patient needs, while developing staff’s expertise.
- Advises and mentors colleagues, including the teaching and supervising of nursing students.
- Acts for Administration in the absence of Network Executives and Directors.
- Serves as House Officer for the hospital while on-duty.
- Directly supervises staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinates orientation of new staff. Problem solves staff and patient complaints.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor of Science Degree required or is currently pursuing a BSN. Three to five years related experience and/or training, along with supervisory experience preferred. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Registered Nurse currently licensed to practice in the state of Illinois. CPR certified, ACLS, PALS certified, NIHSS certified.
Chat with us now! Text “Jobs” to 815-600-7056
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com