Position Summary: The Professional Development Specialist is responsible for the assessment, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of learning and development programs that enhances the performance of our nursing and allied health team members as a part of our team based care model. Activities include onboarding, competency management, mentoring, staff development, program management, and facilitation. Serves as an expert in education and supports the educational needs and learning opportunities for all caregivers across FHN. The Professional Development Specialist proactively facilitates relationships with staff, peers, preceptors, mentors, and leaders to effectively promote staff education and the achievement of patient outcomes.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or higher required with Master’s degree preferred. Master’s degree shall be obtained within 5 years of role if does not have at time of hire. 2-5 years of prior field-related and job experience in nursing required. Current RN licensed to practice in IL with BLS required.
- Proficiency and experience in managing data and reporting capabilities required.
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities in support of changing organization objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capability, with an orientation towards continuous process improvement.
- Professional verbal and written communications skills with exceptional telephone and email etiquette.
- Demonstrated track record of success within the Training and Development field. Precise follow-up and attention to detail.
- Team oriented and self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Relationship building, partnering, and networking people skills.
- Strong conceptual, creative, and quantitative skills are required to work in project management environment.
Serves as a role model for FHN’s PRIDE Standards
Chat with us now! Text “Jobs” to 815-600-7056
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com