This position offers an optional $5000.00 award with a 3 year commitment to FHN for a Registered Nurse with 1 year or more of experience for external candidates.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, the hospice nurse works under the direction of the Hospice Operations Leader, Practice Director, Medical Director, and the attending physician in the provision of nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families. Works closely with all members of the interdisciplinary team, physicians and area agencies.
Receives patient assignments from the Hospice Operations Leader.
- Focus verbal communications on patient/customer care, business operations, and/or topics to create a positive work environment.
- Assumes responsibility for a patient/family that includes assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care.
- Initiates communication with attending physicians, other hospice staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and use of resources for the patient/family.
- Maintains communication with the Hospice Operations Leader to review care.
- Maintains regular communication with the attending physician concerning patient/family care.
- Obtains data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family health status and incorporate that into the plan of care.
- Maintains up-to-date patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and changes are reflected as they occur.
- Accepts responsibility for coordinating the physical care of the patient by teaching primary care givers, volunteers, employed care givers, or by providing direct care as appropriate.
- Instructs the patient and care giver:
* How to administer medication and recognize side effects.
* How to perform personal care and oral hygiene.
* How to assist in lifting, moving, ambulation and exercise.
* How to prepare for the events preceding death.
Shares in providing 24-hour seven-day a week coverage to patients and families
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
RN currently licensed to practice in the state of Illinois. BSN Preferred. At least one (1) year recent acute care/hospice experience with demonstrated commitment to hospice philosophy of care. Evidence of auto insurance for bodily injury and property damage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com