Get Connected 815
NATURE OF WORK
The Violent Crime Reduction Reentry Navigator is a part-time position working evening and weekend hours to fill the gap when other service providers are closed. The Navigator works with a team to deliver services in Rockford, IL. This position involves street level work with violent offenders or at-risk violent offenders. The position links individuals to services; case management and follow up may be offered for up to 1 year. The Navigator works as part of a multi-disciplinary team in the community coordinating case plans and resources to ensure that participants are connected to the services they need in a swift and certain manner.
This person must have been formerly incarcerated and understand how to overcome barriers reentrants face. This person must understand the importance of and adopt the best practices of addressing criminogenic needs. This person must have a strong working knowledge of community resources and the ability to connect and coordinate services to manage individual cases. Or possess a willingness to learn community resources. This person must also be able to effectively engage and connect with participants and be comfortable working with clients in person and through online platforms. The Navigator’s goal is to connect individuals to existing, approved case management providers/programs in the community; when an appropriate provider is not available, the Navigator will be responsible for providing wraparound case management services. The Navigator will seek to coordinate and manage, but not duplicate, case management efforts.
The Navigator will act in the advocacy/mentoring capacity for the client, and as a support person for law enforcement, parole, probation, pre-trial services, and community service providers who are part of the client’s support system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (These essential duties are only illustrative.)
· Using Ohio Risk and Needs assessment results and the Risk, Needs, and Responsivity model, maintain and update case management plans in a web-based system in a timely manner.
· Develops relationships with and connects individuals to approved case management provider/program for wrap-around services.
· When an appropriate provider is not available, the Navigator will assume comprehensive case management responsibilities.
· Meet regularly with client and updates case plans on an ongoing basis.
· Participated in meetings as requested by Executive Director
· Attend workshops with clients.
· Create Pop up events
· (Already stated below) Timely completion of accurate required reports.
· Knowledge of service providers, human service agencies, and community groups.
· Knowledge of best practice for addressing criminogenic needs. Working knowledge of the Risk, Needs, and Responsivity model
· Coordinate and participate in Workshops for clients.
· Coordinate and participate in Call-In meetings at the request of the Executive Director
· Participate in required training.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Works under the supervision of the Executive Director of the Get Connected.
Work is performed according to extensive federal and state regulations and most guidance comes from regulations governing each funding source.
Work is reviewed daily for accuracy, completeness and adherence with federal and state laws and regulations and GC rules and regulations.
Work is reviewed annually for overall results achieved.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position does not work out of a traditional space, but rather multiple locations. This position requires the ability to manage high stress situations well. This position requires frequent walking and driving, use of finger movements; ordinary talking, ability to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze constantly. A computer and cell phone are used daily.
High School diploma or GED preferred
Must be able to read, write, and have a working knowledge of computers and technology.
Must have a valid Driver’s license
Call 779-513-2565 or send a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office at 815 N. Church St. Suite 101 between the hours of 8 am until Noon (Monday – Friday)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com