Website Quantum Design, Inc.
Design the electrical and/or pneumatic hardware and software of control panels and electrical/pneumatic systems.
· Attending design reviews with customers and/or QDI sales staff to review and clarify the design specifications of a project
· Assist the QDI sales department with quotations to identify material and labor required to complete project tasks
· Investigate and resolve any conflicts with the customers’ published requirements
· Verify that the design complies with any required electrical standards, building codes and local regulations
· Perform detailed calculations to support the design decisions made
· Identify and create a bill of materials to meet the control design requirements
· Create the complete electrical and/or pneumatic drawings using AutoCAD software to meet the control design requirements. Obtain approvals from the customer when required.
· Release a complete bill of materials to the purchasing department
· Release a complete set of electrical and/or pneumatic drawings to the manufacturing department along with the customer and/or QDI required documentation to support the build
· Meet with the manufacturing department after the drawings have been released but prior to the beginning of the build to review the drawings, bill of materials and any customer specific requirements. Resolve any issues from the build review that require engineering attention.
· Supervise the manufacturing process to assure conformity to the customers’ specifications and sales order requirements
· Use vendor software to create programs for programmable logic controllers, operator interfaces, supervisory systems and other components as required
· When applicable, perform pre-shipment testing to verify component and/or system operation
· Provide on-site technical support to complete system integration and verify final customer acceptance
· Supervise and train other employees as necessary
· Oversee projects to insure they are completed on time and within budget
· Overtime and weekend work may be required on a project to project basis
· Follow all procedures and work instructions with in our IMS system related to this job description
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes but is not limited to applying principles, techniques, procedures and equipment to the design and production of control systems.
· Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their applications. Apply these to calculations required for a project.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. Be able to communicate information and ideas both verbally and in written form so others will understand.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in developing schematics and implementing software
· Be able to listen and read to interpret customer requirements for a project
· Have good troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software
· Good time management skills
· Organize, plan and prioritize work load to meet project objectives
· Use logic and sound reasoning to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems
· Good judgment and decision making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
· Be able to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes
· Keep up to date on available products and processes used in control systems
· Junior position is someone coming in with less than five years of experience
· Intern position is someone currently working towards an engineering degree
Experience in the following programs/processes is required
· Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Adobe Reader and/or Acrobat
· Rockwell RSlogix 500
· Rockwell RSLogix 5000
· Rockwell FactoryTalk View Studio ME and SE
Benefits offered: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match after 1 year, Company paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance as well as Health Reimbursement Account. 9 Holidays and PTO
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org