Website The Workforce Connection
Job Opening with Goodwill Industries
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Provide a welcoming, knowledgeable, and professional first impression to all customers and guests at the American Job Center locations.
- Provide coverage for all locations as needed in Rockford, Freeport, and Belvidere.
- Assist customers and volunteer or student worker assistants as needed.
- Maintain an understanding of center operations and activities to provide accurate center and partner information.
- Communicate with staff and partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Find innovative solutions to customer and partner challenges and exhibit patience and compassion in dealing with issues.
- Perform clerical work, including inputting data, and providing reports.
- Participate in position cross-training with a variety of staff.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, including active listening.
- Build and maintain employer and community partner relationships to provide outreach for The Workforce Connection services and programs.
- Perform testing and assessment, utilizing available resources, assessments, and career exploration tools.
- Assist customers in the Career Center as needed.
Qualifications & Basic Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required some college preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with barriers to employment and understand and communicate with diverse groups.
- The ability to motivate and assist individuals in performing work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High customer service focus.
- Functional use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bilingual with the Spanish language is highly desired.
Apply at Goodwill.ini.org
To apply for this job please visit Goodwill.ini.org.