Website Winnebago County
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of secretarial duties and administrative tasks, makes regular decisions such as interpreting department processes, interprets and administers State/County zoning laws and ordinances, answers questions, from the general public or prioritizing work assignments and performs related duties as required.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Operates a computer to view, enter, revise, process, print and distribute departmental information; creates and produces a variety of written materials such as forms, correspondence, manuals, contracts, agreements, articles, lists, invoices, reports, records, schedules and other documents of similar complexity independently or from general instruction.
2. Develops and maintains computerized and hard copy filing systems, documents, spreadsheets, databases or files to enter information and generate reports.
3. Composes/customizes/revises departmental communication materials; assembles and disseminates function related materials and documents as required; search records to locate materials as needed; reviews materials for accuracy, completeness and/or procedural compliance.
4. Receive and screen callers and visitors and directs them to the appropriate party.
5. Interpret County policy on routine administrative matters and explains procedures to others.
6. Acts as a problem identification/resource, answering questions, providing guidance and following up with departmental customers in resolving problems.
7. Processes secretarial transactions involving multiple steps and the application of complex and varied guidelines; approves exceptions within assigned scope of authority.
8. General office/secretarial duties such as monitoring/ordering departmental office supplies; collating and assembling documents; accepting and delivering departmental correspondence; photocopying/faxing correspondence; attend meetings and take/distribute meeting minutes.
9. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
10. Performs all duties in accordance with County policies and procedures.
11. Regular attendance is required, works overtime as needed/scheduled.
12. Administers and interprets zoning laws and ordinances to citizens of Winnebago County; advises citizens of methods and means of meeting zoning requirements.
13. Researches plat books and zoning maps to determine how specific property is zoned.
14. Attends and may participate in all required meetings.
15. Prepares, forwards, and maintains all required activity reports.
16. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
To apply for this job please visit wincoil.gov.