Develop & Grow Your Talent Pipeline | Increase Retention & Build Employee Loyalty
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a work-based learning model. They are commonly referred to as ‘earn and learn’, where mentored on-the-job training is combined with relevant classroom instruction. The U.S. Department of Labor has five core components to meet quality standards for a registered apprenticeship:
– Employer Participation
– Structured On-the-Job Training
– Related Instruction
– Rewards for Skills Gains
– National Occupational Credential
What Types of Employers Can Participate?
Any company, whether unionized or non-unionized, can offer an apprenticeship program around an existing or new occupation within their organization.
Apprenticeships are also offered in non-traditional industries, which means any organization can benefit from developing an apprenticeship.
What are the benefits to an employer?
– Enhanced Recruitment & Improved Retention to create a stable talent pipeline for attracting and growing your own
– Customized Training resulting in highly skilled workers trained to employer specifications
– Increased Productivity & Knowledge Transfer resulting from on-the-job training and related classroom instruction
– Tax Credits, like the Illinois Apprenticeship Education Expense Tax Credit, and other federal funding resources to offset costs
How Do I Get Started or Learn More?
Reach out to our Regional Business Services Team to learn more about apprenticeships and incorporate the model that works for you, either by calling 815-395-6619 or emailing email@example.com
Calendar of Events
Informing Your Path to Career Success
View Our Annual Report to See Community Impact
The Workforce Connection– an Illinois WorkNet Center and partner in the American Job Center network. This program is funded by The Workforce Connection, Inc., Il Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity, and the U.S. Department of Labor. The Workforce Connection is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers on this website may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment by calling TTY (800) 526-0844 or 711. Contact the Equal Opportunity Officer at 815-395-6626. This program is subject to the provisions of the “Jobs for Veteran’s Act” Public Law 107-288, which provides priority of services to veterans and spouses of certain veterans.